Project: Think - Eat - Do
Project: Think – Do – Eat is a free, education program geared for kids ages 3-12. The classes last roughly an hour and take place once a week over the summer. The lesson/ theme of each week varies from topics related to our personal health, the health of the land, and the community. The class also includes activities and a “Veggie of the Week” fresh snack.
We believe that HEALTH is : What you eat, what you drink, what you do and what you think. That statements is true for us, the animals and the land. Our goal with Project: Think-Do-Eat is to connect kids to healthy food, physical activity, and good mental health by being outside, getting dirty, trying new things and learning about our food system.
Interested in attending a Project: TED lesson or two?
We want to make sure we’re all on the same page. Please read the bullet points below to get a better understand of what to expect and what is expected.
Expections & Understanding:
- Project: Think-Do-Eat is designed for kids ages 3-12 years old and is FREE. Our workshops can involve getting dirty, taste testing, playing games/ physical activities, and crafts.
- Parents/ Guardians must accompany their child/ children.
- Please wear close-toed shoes and bring a water bottle. We have a water refill station.
- Check-in will begin at 9am for the morning classes. Class will begin at 9:15am and conclude at 10:15am. (Unless otherwise noted) Please do your best to arrive on time. Check-in will begin at 3pm for the afternoon classes. Class will begin at 3:15pm and conclude at 4:15pm.
- We ask that during the workshop, parents/ gaurdians refrain from making phone calls or being on their phones. (If you do happen to take photos of your child/children participating, please tag us if/when they are shared on social media)
- After class has concluded, parents will have to opportunity to go on a farm tour or ask questions about TFI’s mission, practices, etc. Kids are welcome to play in our activity area or join their parent/ guardian on the farm tour.
- Each workshop will include a fresh snack and recipe from produce from the farm. (*Please let us know of any allergies on the form below.)
- Feel free to bring a sack lunch/ snack and enjoy a picnic on the farm after the workshop has concluded.
- TFI staff and interns will be happy to answer any questions you may have while at the farm. Please be considerate of their time and tasks that need to be done in the afternoon.
- Smoking and profanity is prohibitied on the premises.